Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Smoke

As I was, you know, doing my job this morning, I realised that I could never do this sort of thing for the rest of my life. Not that I ever expected my current Co-op position to be my life long career, but it hit me really hard that I could never wake up every morning to come into to work to do…well, “this”. What’s “this”? You’re probably wondering…well I’m not going to tell you because I do not want to offend anyone.

It was as I was doing “this” that I thought to myself, “Bryanna, what is it that you WANT to do for the rest of your life?”. When people used to ask me this question, I would scoff (in my head of course) and reply, “I’m way too young to know. I still have to finish my degree”. So now, I have two more semesters to complete until a have my Arts degree and one more Co-op 4 month work term. I’m getting my degree in Sociology with a minor in English (I’m still not sure if I want to keep the English minor). Any “job” that you could get “now-a-days” with such a degree is not a “job” that I would like to pursue, so I know for sure that I’ll have to go back to school one way or another…it’s this “what to go back for?” decision that has been very hard, thus far, for me to make…is it Education? Law school? Post Graduate studies? Journalism? Business? EEK! There are just too many choices!! I know the women who fought for these choices would be disappointed in me, but I can’t help it. The fact that there are SO MANY choices has prevented me from even making one. I’m so SCARED that I’ll make the WRONG choice and be stuck in a career that I HATE. I’m not saying that I have to LOVE my chosen career, but I would like to ENJOY it (at least some of the time).

*Gasp* ... *Gulp* I can’t breathe!

Why couldn’t I get paid for doing this? Writing in my Blog. I love writing in my Blog. I love the fact that I don’t have an Internet connection at home and therefore can be surprised by comments (if any) in the morning at work. I love the fact that people actually read this drivel and sometimes even enjoy it. I love the fact that I can easily and without any feelings of guilt vent my frustrations on unsuspecting anonymous commenters.



***** The smoke begins to clear *****



Huh? What am I talking about? I’m still WAY too young (I'm turning 22 in 6 weeks - better send me a present!) to have to care about such things…I have one more year of school to go, you know?…So STOP asking me what I’m going to do with the rest of my life! “Gawd!” (In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice).


[IF ANYONE HAS ANY CAREER SUGGESTIONS OR LOVES THEIR PARTICULAR CAREER RIGHT NOW I WOULD ENJOY HEARING ABOUT IT ;) ]