Bryanna and the City

Friday, January 28, 2005

If I could whistle

Zippidy doo da, zippidy day, my oh my what a wonderful day…plenty of sunshine going my way….zippidy doo da, zippidy day!

It is such a beautiful day today! If I crank my neck to left I can see outside to the blue sky and the sun reflecting off the downtown Vancouver skyscrapers. Have I told you how much I love Vancouver? No? I LOVE THIS CITY!! I really do! It’s still January and it feels like spring. When I was walking to the bus today I saw a large tree or maybe it was a shrub? anyways, the flowers on it were in full bloom. Large, beautiful bright pink flowers! I LOVE THIS CITY AND I LOVE PINK!

The wonders of this day do not end there with the gorgeous weather…oh no…there’s more.

Have I told you about my pink jacket? Well, it has been retired to my closet since the weather became milder, but I could have never anticipated the reaction I would get out of it….from complete strangers, no less. I have been told a least three times on the bus that it is beautiful: “I just have to say, I LOVE YOUR JACKET” and almost every time I entered a retail store at least one sales person mentioned something about it (I know they have to be nice, it is their job, but it is still a beautiful jacket). Oh, and just this Tuesday, a guy who I often see on the bus, but never talked to, said to me, “must be getting warmer, you’re not wearing your pink coat”.

But, today, as I was getting off the bus I noticed a woman with the cutest pink purse…when I was crossing the street this same woman stopped me and said: “I just have to say this to you. I see you on the bus all of the time and I love your pink purse and your pink jacket is beautiful. You inspired me to get a pink purse myself.” I was flattered and shocked at the same time and told her that I was just thinking the same thing about her pink purse! I’m not making this stuff up, it really happened. Then a complete stranger initiated a conversation me about my pants…seems she bought the same one’s from the Gap, but when she tried them on at home they were too short. Funny story because these pants were given to me by NMG for the same reason.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

…there’s a blue bird on my shoulder… (When I was four I took ballet…I remember skipping around the studio to this song in my pink leotards and pink body suit…that accentuated my little belly)


[ I JUST REALIZED THAT MY RECENT POSTS APPEAR TO REVEAL THAT I HAVE A MANIC-DEPRESSIVE DISORDER. HAVE YOU NOTICED THIS TOO? WELL, AT LEAST TODAY IS A MANIC DAY…LOL…I’LL HAVE TO DISCUSS THIS WITH MY SHRINK]