Bryanna and the City

Monday, January 24, 2005

Where Shall I Begin?

Let’s see … the beginning I guess? When I last wrote, I mentioned that Steve was most likely out of the picture. Oh how naïve and silly I was to actually believe this. I truly thought that “whatever this was” had ended on Wednesday night, unceremoniously and more importantly, without having to awkwardly explain that the reason that I have been avoiding him for two months was because I had met someone else. So, when my roommate handed me the phone, while mouthing the words “I’m sorry”, early Friday evening, I knew the time had come. I knew that I had to put an end to these silly phone call shenanigans. Once. And. For. All!!

Ughh…it was awkward, it was extremely difficult, and all you need to know is that I did it. It’s over. Please, God, let it be over! (This may sound sad and desperate…calling on God and all, but you’ll understand why I’m so tired of this when you’re finished reading this post). After those five minutes of extreme awkwardness I mixed myself a cocktail and watched “The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” on TBS. Fitting, no?

Okay, so that was my Friday night. I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning and was very happy to get a phone call from NMG in London. We picked a date for our trip. I’m flying to London on July 14 to see what NMG and AYG love about London, and then we’re flying to Turkey and Greece. I’ll be back in Canada on August 16, just enough time to find a new apartment for September. I can’t wait to get out of the country and, of course, soak up some sun.

Have I mentioned that I’m a salon product junkie? No? Here it goes. My name is Bryanna and I’m a hair product addict. My hair is naturally curly, but I am able to straighten. This is double trouble because it means that I have to buy products for both curly and straight hair. Anyways, I had to do some errands on Saturday and as I was passing a salon my eye caught something red. I looked closer and they were little red sale tags. Yes, little red sale tags on all of the salon products. I resisted, but the temptation was too strong. And besides, I thought to myself…it’s all on sale. A ha ha ha…right. I left there with a bag full of products and a debit card 5 dollars away from holding insufficient funds.

I promised my mom I would not talk about my Saturday night activity…and frankly, I just don’t want to relive it. It was actually a very, very, very fun night. I went out to a club with Lexi, Andrew, some girls I met that night and DD (sort of…I won’t embarrass her by explaining what that means). The club had a very friendly vibe and I danced the night away…apparently unaware that my pointy pink shoes were trying to eat my feet one blister at a time…ouch.

So, I have decided to take the pink post-it that says” I’m naïve and stupid” off of my forehead this morning. I don’t want to get into it, but it became apparent this weekend that it is VERY easy to track me down from the information available about me on ye old blog. I have since then removed the offending piece of personal information.

Last Friday I mentioned the man who’s been hanging around our house. I’ve been on edge ever since then and the Saturday night incident did not alleviate this whatsoever. This next short story will be entitled, “How to make Bryanna cr*p her pants”.

When Mr.P dropped me off on Sunday, I was home alone. I had just finished a phone conversation with my mom when I heard someone try to enter the suite through the back door. The door was locked. At first I thought it was one of my roommates and was about to go to the door to let her in. Then the person tried the door again, but this time, very forcefully. It was like a horror movie! Bang, bang, bang, rattle, rattle, rattle. I grabbed the phone, terrified out of my mind and was just about to cal 911 when I heard laughing. It was both of my roommates who thought it would be funny, in light of our new stalker, to freak the holy cr*p out of me. I couldn’t stop shaking for 30 minutes. And I was still pretty rattled when I went bed. I am so going to get them back…I don’t know how, but I will…I always do.

Anways…the pink post-it has been removed. And I’m officially looking over my shoulder …again.