Bryanna and the City

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I just couldn't resist...sorry

Before I came to work today I knew exactly what I was going to write about, that is, until I read Anonymous's comment. While on the bus this morning, I had to stop myself from shaking, crying and "lashing out irrationally" just thinking about what I watched last night. It was an A&E special on the correlation between people who abuse animals and people who abuse humans. As a sociology major, this kind of stuff usual interests me so I decided to watch it. I had to turn the channel 5 times. I don't think I've missed Otis this much since he passed away 3 months ago. I can't seem to get one disturbing image in particular out of my mind. When Otis was around, I would always feel better after I saw something like this because I could hug him and kiss him. This image is of Scruffy, a dog of the same breed as Otis (Yorkshire Terrier), who was taken from his loving family by a thing that does not even deserve to be called a man or even human. This thing taped the torture of Scruffy. Taped Scruffy being used for target practice. Taped Scruffy being stuffed into a garbage bag and suffocated. Taped Scruffy being set on fire. Every time they went back to this disgusting footage I turned the channel, but I saw enough to be haunted by what little of it I actually did see. Sometimes I'm so disgusted with humanity! If a dog attacks a human they are most likely "destroyed"...but when a person does the same they are allowed to remain in our society...as putrid vile beings capable of doing the same horrid acts on children, women and men. I had more to say about this, but I'm literally tired from my last post and as I predicted debriefing has settled me down. Hmm...I really miss Otis.