Bryanna and the City

Monday, January 31, 2005

*Confused*

Has this ever happened to you? You’re sitting on the toilette, or putting on your pyjamas, or checking out your bare ass in your full body mirror, when you spot something ugly, black and blue? Yes, my friends, I’m referring to the mystery bruise. No matter how hard you think about it, you can’t remember when, or how, or why it happened…all you know is that it hurts and it’s not the most attractive accessory. I’ll be honest with you, I fall victim to the mystery bruise on a regular basis.

Just this morning, I found a new mystery bruise. I was rubbing my nylons (why? Not sure) and I felt a very sore bump on the side of my lower, right leg. I rubbed it harder…why? Because I like pain? Umm.. I’m not sure why I rubbed it harder…but I did this until I realized I had a large, bumpy bruise (I’m wearing black nylons, but if you look closely you can see it). This is the type of bruise that you should usually remember getting at the time…I vaguely remember hurting myself, but I really can’t place it. And, no, there were no shenanigans this weekend.

It was a pretty tame weekend for Bryanna and the City. Friday night I made sushi with DD and Lexi at Red’s house, Saturday I hung out with Mr. P (did you kick me?) and Sunday I ventured out of the house for maybe an hour. I have two other bruises from last Saturday, but I’m sure the one on my left shin and my right foot are from my tipsy attempt at getting on the platform to dance with Andrew (I can’t always be classy…ok? And in case you’re wondering, yes, I did make it on the platform and I would prefer not to talk about it). Anyways, I’m starting to feel like Courtney Love...definitely not the desired look I’m going for…

Do you have any mystery bruises? If so, I’d like to hear about them.