Bryanna and the City

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Lil' Jinx

For the first time in a long time, I can really say that I'm happy. hmm. . . that statement makes me sound like a hyper sensative "super-chick", so let me clarify a little. I'm generally a very happy, content person, however, certain things do get me down. One of these things in particular being men. Okay, not really men themselves, but what they sometimes turn me into and the chaos that sometimes accompanies them. I'm very superstitious, so in an attempt to not jinx what has just started, I will only say this: in my many dating experiences, few men have actually taken the time to really understand me. . . the me that loves the smell of the open ocean, the me that loves anything containing chocolate, the me that cries when watching TLC's A Wedding Story, the me that loves to create new and intersting things to eat and the me that sometimes wishes I could go back in time when the first sign of summer meant no shoes and dirty feet, playing outside from dusk to dawn, ice cream cakes and kick-the-can. As an eternal optimist I can't help but wonder, maybe this time? Maybe this man? Maybe? Maybe? Maybe. . .