Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Pretty in Pink

I'm not exactly sure when it happened, why it happened, or how it happened, but lately I've become fascinated...no, obsessed....with the color pink. Some of my recent purchases include, and aren't limited to: a pair of pink shoes, a pink bag, a winter coat with pink accents, a pink scarf, and my most recent purchase 20 perfectly pretty pink Gerber Daisies. Actually, 10 were for my roommate as an early 21st birthday present, but the other 10 were just for me. Every Monday I do my weekly grocery shopping at Buy Low Foods on Fourth and Alma. I'll be the first to admit that Buy Low is not your classiest, flashiest, or trendiest place to get your groceries, but it's got what I need and it's only four blocks from my house. So, when I made my weekly venture to Buy Low last night I was completely blind sided by the absolutely gourgeous pink Gerber Daisies stratigically placed at the entrance of the store. I literally made a high-pitched noise of shear pleasure and excitement, restraining myself from clapping and bowing before these goddess like blooms. They were collected into groups of 10 and the price tag said $4.99. I thought to myself, "Self, these are very pretty pink flowers. I want these flowers. Why can't I have these flowers? I'm getting these flowers!" So, I did. I lost hope long ago that a man would ever buy me something so delightfully pretty. So, I will end this a la Carrie Bradshaw and say, sometimes a single woman needs these frivilous purchases, not to make her feel special or worthy, but just to remind herself that she still has the right to enjoy these finer things in life. . . sans a man to give them to her.