Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A Recommendation

After purchasing a grande caramel macchiato from the conveniently located Starbcucks in the mall below my office building, I thought to myself. . . "self, what's in a caramel macchiato?". If I were in Kamloops, I would have called up my friend Theresa who I'm sure would have been able to tell me what exactly was in one because she's been working at Starbucks for quite a long time. However, I do not live in Kamloops anymore so I turned to my tried and tested true friend google.ca (yah Canada!!!). This would be a moment that I will remember for the rest of my life. . . you know, one of those things that at the time may seem very insignificant, but when you think back it was truly a turning point in your somewhat routine life. Okay, so maybe I'm exagerrating a little too much, but if you're anything like me, you'll understand what I mean. My search for macchiato answers led me like Alice down the rabbit hole to a website that at first glance may appear juvenile, but when explored further, is an intellectual, witty, hilarious, thoughtful, informative and extremely addictive delight. If you love food, big cities, and witty banter, you'll love this website. I won't say much more about it, except that I have developed a very huge crush for the author. . .oh yeah . . .a caramel macchiato is like a latte with caramel sauce, with a higher price tag. . . visit www.amateurgourmet.com today!!!! You won't regret it, I promise.