Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My thighs hurt...and that's a good thing.

While I was at the beach on Sunday... progressing from pig pink to lobster red, I ran into a guy I see almost everyday at the gym. I'm not shy, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind showing me around the "scary section" of the gym.

The gym I go to has two levels the first level has a Keiser machine circuit and the second level contains the treadmills, and x-trainers, and bikes etc...as well as the "scary section" aka where all the boys go to work out their muscles. I used to only use the second floor for my cardio work out. Up until last Monday I found it highly intimidating, especially because every high school boy in this district seems to go to the gym at the same time that I do.

After the workout I've had this week, I've got to wonder what the hell I've been doing for the past month and a half?

My muscles hurt, but in a that o-so-satisfying-I-just-worked-my-butt-off way.