Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

"It's a Chinook!"

Throughout my day, many possible blog entries go in and out of my head. In fact I have many entries just hanging out in my brain right now. For example, “10 Crazy/Weird/Interesting/OCD Things That You DO NOT Know About Me” or “What My Shoes Really Think About Me” or The “My Most (fill in the blank) Experience” Series … So you’re probably thinking, “what does this mean for me?” Well, my fabulous, voyeuristic readers, this means that I will ALWAYS have something to write about … always have SOMETHING to say, even if it’s not ALWAYS interesting (on second thought, I’m thinking that “What My Shoes Really Think About Me” won’t be as funny as it sounds).

On a completely unrelated side-note, I took an IQ test yesterday and my score was up there with people such as physicians, professors, lawyers etc. … Here’s a quote from my results:

Bry, you are a WORD WARRIOR. This means you have exceptional
verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an
unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also
make you a visionary. ---
That sounds just about right!

I guess I’m not just a pretty, modest face after all! So, if you think you’re smarter than me, then go here and take the challenge (I already gave one clue away to my mom, let’s just say that it involved the Pythagorean Theorem).

Okay, enough about me…a ha ha ha. Who am I kidding?! It’s all about me! Okay, so last night I had this really witty entry ready about the crazy amount of rain that Vancouver’s been getting in the past couple of days … Yeah, yeah ... I can hear you all laughing at that line and thinking to yourselves, for someone so smart, you haven’t figured out that it rains in Vancouver yet, Bryanna?? Okay, yeah, I’m aware that Vancouver gets a lot of rain, but this was insane. Really, it was. It rained so much that there’s no snow left! It rained so much that I had to wear my 4 inch heels just to save myself from being swept away by 3 inch streams! It rained so much that…meh, you get the point. But, when I stepped outside my place this morning, umbrella ready at my side, I was assaulted not with rain, but with a gust of wind warmer than the temperature inside my basement suite. I’m serious (sorry, to those experiencing –30 weather right now…really, *stifled snickering* I feel for you) it was like “spring had sprung” in January!!

I didn’t have time to change my jacket, so I immediately removed my scarf, unbuttoned my jacket and let the warm air guide me to the bus stop. I felt happy, I felt invigorated, I felt like nothing could drag me down today ... then, I felt my stocking start to slip. But, instead of fixing it, I just let it slip! This was exactly what I needed, was secretly wishing for and it had finally come! My Chinook! And it was fabulous!

However, this means that I’ll have to say good-bye to my dear brown/beige/pink jacket. We had three great months together. You sheltered me from the rain, the cold, the snow, and the sleet. Thank you for always being like a warm hug on a cold day. You will be stored in my closet till next November, but don’t worry, I will think of you often and remember you fondly. Perhaps I will even take you out for a spin if the weather drops below freezing again. Good-bye …for now.