Bryanna and the City

Friday, January 14, 2005

Hot Pink

I’m tired. In fact, I’m so tired that I can’t even summon the energy to describe just-how-tired-I-am. I hate this feeling. Especially when I have to sit in a cold office, listening to cd’s that I’m already sick of, while at the same time trying to look like I’m, you know, actually working. Ha! Who am I kidding? Right now I’m just trying to look ALIVE. Which is even harder this morning because I have decided to give up my workday morning coffee. I made this decision after I noticed a mild reoccurrence of the acid reflux symptoms I had over the holidays … and let me tell you, I’ll take sluggishness over acidic belches any day (perhaps too much information so early in the morning…?).

The problem is that I’m not the type of person who can function with less than 8 hours of shut-eye, let alone five. So, you’re probably wondering why I was up so late…probably envisioning a crazy night of dancing, drinking, boys and buffalo bratwurst…a ha ha ha. Well, my friends, sorry to disappoint, but I was actually at my place the whole night. A friend of mine is down for the weekend and we spent the night catching up…she wanted to know all the (non-blog-sensored) scoop on Mr.P. We talked until 1:30 … way past my required 10:00 bed time (ever since the summer of The Great Illness aka Mono and my a-typical symptoms, my hard-core party tolerance has diminished *almost to the point of non-existence).

But, enough of that …I actually want to tell you about my latest purchase.

Yesterday DD contacted me via my blog (I check it more than my e-mail now…yes, I’m a loser). The message had an urgent undertone…you know the “we have to meet because we have to talk”…and evidently this talk has to be in person. We arranged to meet at the McDonald’s on Granville…the non-sleazy one. Right. So, if you know me, you’ll know that I went to the sleazy one first…(I’m like a dog. I always get lost, but in the end I find my way home.) DD needed someone to listen to her latest adventures with X. All I have to say is that I was wrong. Men ARE complicated creatures…one day wanting their “space” and the next day dropping the GF-bomb…ugghh….men.

So after we gorged ourselves with mall food court artery clogging goodness we decided to get in a little retail therapy. Guess what I bought? I’ll give you some clues…they’re hot pink, have a bow, and were $10 on sale (that’s Canadian dollars my US and UK readers)…good guess, but no, they’re not a pair of fuzzy, pink, pig slippers…they’re actually the cutest pair of shoes ever. If I had a digital camera I would show you a picture of them. They look so bright and happy on my shoe shelf with all their other shoe friends. Which include two other pairs of pink shoes as well…yeah, I like me some pink.

Anyways, I’m thinking I’ll wear them this weekend with my new funky tights and my hot pink skirt. … or on second thought, maybe not.


[*Almost, meaning except on the weekend]