Bryanna and the City

Thursday, January 13, 2005

If only I had some b*lls

So I mentioned in my Try This One On For Size! entry that I was currently dealing with a “Steve” . I would like to report that this little “problem” was resolved last night, but I think it has become worse. You see, I’m extremely passive aggressive. The only people that I do argue with/fight with/ bite/ do WWF moves on etc. are my sisters and they have been living in what they like to call “The place that cannot be mentioned” a.k.a. London, UK. (this occurred after I somewhat “freaked out” at AYG over the holiday for what I like to call dropping the “L-Bomb” too much) for over a year. So, where does this leave Bry? …well, let me tell you. This leaves me in Passive Aggressive Land, occupied by people that I wish I could tell to bugger off, but instead I smile and accept their blatant rude/inconsiderate/selfish/cruel behaviour. Okay, well it’s not THAT bad, but I need to vent sometimes and it’s hard to do that when you really have no one to "morally" subject “the vent” on. Make sense? No? Whatever…anyways, what I’m trying to say is that in my head I have a lot of things that I would “like” to say to people, that I think they DO deserve, but in reality it all comes out as…hmm…well, fake smiles and even more pent up frustration.

Take my conversation with Steve last night. Oh, to preface this I’ll give you a quick re-cap of what happened between us. We met at his Halloween Party (Me: the ballerina in the red tutu ---Him: a member of the Canadian Olympic team). So, in a span of approximately 3 weeks we went on 3 dates. On the third date he said, and I quote, “let’s keep this casual because I don’t want my heart to get broken”. Err…okay buddy. WHAT. E. VER!! So, I said, “okay, but just so you know, I will be dating other people.” Which, I did. (I went on my first date with Mr.P three days after that “conversation”). So about two weeks later he calls and leaves a message that I do not return because I was enjoying my time with Mr. P and just wanted this guy to “bugger off” and get the point. I thought he did, until a month later when he called again. I wanted to end it, but I did not want to be the one to call him back and decided that I would explain the situation to him if he called again. So, here’s the conversation we had yesterday (almost verbatim).

Me: Hello?
Steve: Hi, can I speak to Bryanna?
Me: Oh hey, Steve. How’s it going?
Steve: Good, what are you up to?
Me: Uh, I just got home. What about you?
Steve: I see. I just wanted to invite you to my place for a roast beef dinner with my roommates.
Me: Err, uh, I actually already have plans…sorry.
Steve: Oh, that’s okay. I called you on Sunday and left a message with your roommate…
Me: err… really?
Steve: Yeah, I guess you didn’t get it.
Me: Yeah, I guess so.
Steve: Well, do you want to hang out this weekend?
Me: umm, actually my friend is coming to visit this weekend…
Steve: oh, well next week then?
Me: …right, okay, well, I gotta go Steve. Enjoy the roast beef.
Steve: For sure. Bye.
Me: Bye.

Okay, when I decided to answer the phone that was definitely NOT how I intended the conversation to go. This is what would have transpired, If I had some b*lls…


Me: Hello?
Steve: Hi, can I speak to Bryanna?
Me: Oh hey, Steve. How’s it going?
Steve: Good. What are you up to?
Me: uh, I just got home. What about you?
Steve: I see. I just wanted to invite you to my place for a roast beef dinner with my roommates.
Me: Err, uh, I actually already have plans…sorry.
Steve: Oh, that’s okay. I called you on Sunday and left a message with your roommate…
Me: err… really?
Steve: Yeah, I guess you didn’t get it.
Me: Yeah, I guess so.
Steve: Well, do you want to hang out this weekend?
Me: Actually Steve, I don’t think I’m up for “casual dating” anymore.
Steve: Oh, uh, well let’s just see how it goes.
Me: Well, actually, I’m dating someone else and I’m really happy with him...I really did not mean to hurt you, but you knew that I wanted more than a casual relationship.


***I WON’T TRY TO SPECULATE HOW HE’D RESPOND****

Okay, so you get the idea. Anyways, I promise I’ll end this the next time he calls. Really…or I could just lead him to my Blog…a ha ha ha…kidding. Wish me luck…and send some aggressive “truth vibes” my way.