Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The hardest thing about beginning a relationship

is knowing when to end it.

Well, for me, that is.

I'm a notorious second-chance-giver. Even when I know in my head that the crappiness of a particular person, or dynamics of a relationship will not change, I continue to have hope, that maybe, just maybe he gets it this time, that things will be "better", but they never are. Never. Well, yes, perhaps for the next two weeks or even the next month, everything is just peachy. He calls you when he says he's going to. He holds your hand while you walk to the market to pick up some food for dinner. He does not forget or cancel date plans....yes, he's "perfect". You're perfect. it's all coming up roses....and then things slowly erode and you're back at the crappy beginning cursing his name, planning your break-up speach, just waiting for him to make just one more dumb-ass move that would warrant you to dump his sorry ass and exit the relationship a woman scorned and single...again.

Or, at least that's how it works with me.

I guess the only thing harder than knowing when to end a relationship...is actually doing it.