Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Don't take it personally...

I just hate email. I don't know when my hatred for email developed, but recently, writing emails to anyone but my Profs has become about as appealing as going to the dentist for a cleaning in the afternoon. I just don't like it. See I said "it", not "you". The reason I bring this up is because I've been getting people a little miffed lately due to my lack of email correspondence...but you see, I've always been the type of person to work on my own time...and to me, email does not let me do this. People expect prompt responses nowadays and, I'm sorry, but I just don't work like that. What happened to writing letters? Now letters, were actually meaningful. I had a Korean pen pal for over two years. I would receive letters from her maybe 6 times a year...and that was great...that was ENOUGH! Now, you can send a bajillion emails to the same person in one day...there are no limits!! It's maddening I tell you!!! Don't get me wrong...I do send the occasional email, WHEN I AM IN AN EMAIL MOOD. But if I'm not...I'm sorry, but it just won't happen. Yes, this may seem selfish, but I don't tend to look at it that way...because I'm not saying don't ever email, just don't always expect to receive an email back.

This morning's rant has been brought to you by the letter B. As in "B is for Biatch". Now leave me alone I have a paper to write.