Bryanna and the City

Friday, April 29, 2005

PO Box time!

So I just got back from the favorite part of my work day...checking the PO Box. It doesn't really have anything to do with the PO Box itself, I mean, I may be a simple person, but I'm not THAT simple.

As much as I enjoy having a job that allows me to spend *some* of my day blogging, I really can't handle being enclosed in an office with the same people for hours at an end.

It makes me go nuts!
Bonkers!
Insane in the membrane!
Loopy!
Crrrraaaaaazzzy!

See? Look at me! I'm already nuts!

But, back to my story....

The four block walk to the PO Box allows me some fresh air, some sunshine and some interesting encounters. Like today for example....

As I was walking back to the office, a man sans t-shirt (and not in a good way) sitting on bench facing me stopped me to chat. Here's what transpired:

Man sans t-shirt: Hello.
Me: Hello.
Man sans t-shirt: How are you today?
Me:I'm well....how are you?
Man sans t-shirt: I'm great....I can't help but admire your figure...
Me: *chuckle* uh.....thanks

He probably couldn't hear my last response because I started walking at a pace that some may only describe as running. It's not that I don't appreciate the compliment, it's just a bit uncomfortable having it come from a man who is half naked (and not in a good way).

Actually, to tell you the truth, I DID appreciate it.
I'll admit, it felt nice.
I've been working my butt off for two weeks getting into shape for my trip. It's good to know that SOMEONE, even creepy sans t-shirt man, appreciates my efforts!