Bryanna and the City

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Momma says "knock you out"!

Okay, I'm feeling a little nostalgic today so let's go back....way back...

Actually, let's stay in the present for just a second. I've always known that if I were a man, I'd be one strong mofo. For a girl, a short petite girl for that matter, I've always been able to "hold my own". Strike that. I've always been able to break out a "can of whoop ass" when required. Think I'm talking smack?

Well, let's go back my friends...way back...to my grade 8 math class.

It must have been near the end of the school year (I'm hoping it was because this shouldn't have been allowed otherwise) and someone in my class (no doubt me) initiated an arm wrestling competition (can you already see where this story is going?).

It started innocently enough, anyone who wanted to partcipate both boys and girls paired off and "went at it". It became apparent quite quickly that I was kicking some serious butt. Soon it was me against the entire male constituency of my grade 8 math class. One by one they lined up and one by one they fell down.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

I'll admit, a few times I thought my winning streak was up, but in the end they all succumbed to the strength of my right arm. *Excuse me while I take this time to kiss my right bicep* Well, all except for Will, but he doesn't count because he was held back like ten times and I think he was 18 and 6'5". I'm not Super Woman people.

The point?

Whenever I'm feeling helpless or weak I think about that glorious day and realise that when everything was "equal", before the testosterone had fully kicked in and messed up the playing field I, Bryanna, was the strongest of them all.

Na na na boo boo!!