Bryanna and the City

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm Serious

I think I'm going to manufacture bracelets that have WWSD? on them. That's is "What Would Scarlett Do?" As in Scarlett (my hero) from Gone With the Wind. Yes, that spoiled ninny is my hero...many a time in my life I've looked to Scarlett for guidance. She may be ninny, but she's a strong, intelligent ninny. A woman who survived and triumphed. Okay enough of that, now I'm going to share some of my favourite Gone With the Wind quotes... Are you ready? Do you care?

"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."
-Rhett Butler

"How fickle is woman."
-Rhett Butler

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
-Scarlett

"No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."
-Rhett Butler to Scarlett

"Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean. "
-Scarlett to Rhett

"I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands. "
-Rhett to Scarlett

"You'd rather live with that silly little fool who can't open her mouth except to say "yes" or "no" and raise a passel of mealy-mouthed brats just like her."
-Scarlett to Ashley

"And you, Miss, are no lady."
-Rhett to Scarlett

"As God as my witness, as God as my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
-Scarlett to the world

"You're like the thief who isn't the least bit sorry he stole, but is terribly, terribly sorry he's going to jail. "
-Rhett to Scarlett

"He looks as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy."
-Scarlett about Rhett

"I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you've ever know have kissed you like this, have they? Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley."
-Rhett to Scarlett

"You go into the arena alone. The lions are hungry for you."
-Rhett to Scarlett

And my favorite....

"I've always thought a good lashing with a buggy whip would benefit you immensely."
-Rhett to Scarlett