Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Yuck!

Do you know what happens to a vacuum bag when it’s not replaced regularly? Yes? So do I. However, yesterday my landlord (from H*ll) thought that I needed a visual representation. She knocked on the door leading to our suite and opened it as soon as I said “yes?”. She then proceeded to say, “oh hi, Bryanna. Could you come up here? I want to show you something.” I could see her holding something in her hands. When I made it to the top of the stairs she said, “no wonder the vacuum wasn’t working..just look at this!”. I looked at the vacuum bag full of hair and other crap that I’d rather not have seen right before I started to cook my dinner. Because she’s old I said as sweetly as I possibly could, “yeah, wow. Won’t you look at that?”. THEN, she wanted me to keep the vile bag to show my roommates. I said, “no thanks” and descended back into my suite. Now, let me explain something. They store the vacuum at the top of the stairs, so technically it’s in our suite. Therefore, they enter our suite without asking us on a regular basis and then expect us to change the vacuum bags. Have I also mentioned that they FORCE us to recycle (which I would do anyways, but the fact that it’s in our contract is a bit much) and they make us throw our garbage out in paper bags (yeah…like that is going to happen in a house full of girls?!). Needless to say, I’m very happy that I only have 2 more months with these people. Oh, I guess I haven’t mentioned this yet, but in a couple of months it will be Bryanna and a Different City.