Bryanna and the City

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Coming soon...

I just realised that I’m pretty lame when it comes to sound effects. I spent a good five minutes trying to think of a good way to describe my frustration. “Aarrgg!” is too-piratey, “Ack!” is what I usually use to convey shock and/or embarrassment and “Grrr…” is what I use with Mr.P...I mean...when I’m angry. I think I’m going to settle with a big “Hmmmph!”, even though it doesn’t fully capture the frustration of my situation…

So what has frustrated me so? I’ll tell you, but let me just say this first. I would never claim to be a computer geek or even a computer nerd (yes, there IS a difference), but I’m pretty good at fiddling around on a PC and in my previous job I was even crowned the “computer issues go to girl” (CIGG), along with “Poster Maker Extraordinaire” (but that’s a story for another time). That said, I decided that it was time for my readership, who weren’t lucky enough to see him in person, to view THE CUTEST DOG IN THE WHOLE WORLD a.k.a Otis, my recently deceased Yorkie of 14 years.

So I saved the picture in .jpg format and inserted the tag into the html code and pressed “publish”. I went to go check it out and there was a big empty square and no cute scruffy dog face. I fiddled around some more. About 10 times. Every time it was the same thing: blank empty square mocking me and my weak website creation skills. I quickly deleted all evidence each time (I didn’t want people to think I was an incompetent photo blogger, a moot point now I guess). I was about to throw my mouse across the room, but decided to ask Google for help instead.

So, supposedly you have to download something to host your pictures. Is this true?

Anyways, I know Blogger offers this download for free, but I don’t think it would be a “smart move” on my part to download it from my work computer. I guess I’ll have to wait until I can scam someone else’s (READ: Mr.P’s) computer to do this... until then, think of the cutest dog you’ve ever seen and multiply it by 10 (maybe 13, depending on what your idea of “cute” is).

Speaking of pictures, I’m considering posting one of little ol’ me. So, until then think of the hottest girl you’ve ever seen and multiply her by 10 (maybe 13, depending on what your idea of “hot” is). Ha ha ha…kidding.