Bryanna and the City

Friday, May 29, 2009

Warning: This post contains penises & boobies!

Last weekend I celebrated the gorgeous weather by spending Saturday and Sunday at the beach. Saturday was spent at Wreck. I always have a hard time focusing on my reading material when I’m there. Perhaps this has something to do with the penises? Or the boobies?! Nonetheless, I couldn’t make it through one page of Madam Bovary the entire 4 hours I was there.

Sunday I went to Jericho. And wouldn’t you know it, the people I was meeting chose a beach log right next to a volleyball net where one of my exes was smoking the weed (as per usual when we were together, even though he always whined about being broke, brokety, broke, broke) and hitting some balls (volleyballs, that is). I always imagined running into him after he unceremoniously went MIA with my favorite pair of earrings three years ago. I practiced what I would say. Imagined how I would look. In my fantasies, I always looked amazing, naturally. But I never bumped into him again. Until then…

When I spotted his pasty, scrawny body, just a few meters away from where I was sitting, I was like, “oh, hey, there’s J*el..hmm..okay, so, who wants get my back with lotion?”.

And that was that.

I just wish it didn’t take 3 years to feel so ambivalent.