Bryanna and the City

Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm moving!

To London, England!

I fly out June 24th. Return date: unknown. My work visa expires June 2011, but I will be back for a quick visit next summer for my sister's wedding in Vancouver. She got engaged last week and we're all very happy & excited for her.

If your first reaction is to inform me that the cost of living is extremely high, please don't. I am fully aware and it's an annoying & unnecessary buzz kill. Especially from people who have neither lived in the UK nor visted.

I've been an obsessive list maker for the past couple of months. So far, luckily, preparations for the big move have gone smoothly. I even have an offshore UK bank account set up with money in it.

The only snag has been trying to transfer my cell phone contract and avoid the $400 cancellation fee. I figure it's just another cost of moving, but it's still extremely annoying dishing out that kind of cash when I could be using it for much more important things....like a weekend in Paris.

More details later!

P.S. I may also start a new blog.