Bryanna and the City

Monday, March 23, 2009

Just Run

I went for a run yesterday afternoon. I was tired, hungover and dehydrated. A run seemed like a logical cure for all of these things. I blame this sudden burst of energy on the mild weather and the fact that the sun was making an appearance for the first time in what seemed like weeks. However, once I started, I didn't want to stop. I ran to Science World and continued along the sea wall, dodging children on bikes and dogs on leashes. I passed under three bridges: Cambie, Granville, Burrard. I told myself that I would stop once I made it to Burrard Street, but once I was there I wanted to keep going. So that's what I did. All the way the Stanley Park. When my feet started to ache I decided to turn back. I spent a few minutes on the Burrard Street Bridge watching the sail boats in the bay and the white caps of the North Shore mountains. Taking it all in. Committing it all to memory. And then I made my way home.

My body is reprimanding me this morning for the impromptu 15km run, but it was definitely worth it.

Happy Spring!