Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Not so Helpful Hamburger Helper

...or the post in which I gross everyone out...ha ha sorry suckas!

I *almost* wasn't going to come into work today. At about 1:30 in the AM last night I woke up with the most intense pain in my abdomen...at first I thought it was gas (and a lot of it), then I thought it might be super PMS cramps, then I thought it was my appendix...I thought of all the terrible things it could be and then realized how crappy work would be tomorrow if I didn't feel better in the morning and hadn't gotten any sleep. So, I did what any 22-year-old, independent woman would do in my situation and rolled into the fetal position and whimpered for 45 minutes. The whimper turned into a low cry every minute or so when the pain would intensify on my right side for about 5 seconds. This then turned into the noises I used to make when I was five and had a stomach ache and wanted my mom to wake up and rub my back while I barfed...anyways, I finally decided that it was time to "medicate" the problem and took some Advil. It helped enough to let me fall asleep again and the pain was a lot better when I woke up. "What's the point?" you may be wondering.... the POINT people, is that Hamburger Helper is the most evil, disgusting invention. Cheese is not meant to be in powdered form and noodles should not be boiled with beef. I should have remained ignorant when it came to HH, but curiosity and an undeniable carb craving after one and a half weeks of a low carb diet got the better of me...Never again! I guess that's one more *food* item removed from my "safe to eat" list.