Bryanna and the City

Monday, April 04, 2005

Just a little taste of my life (with an Italian mother)…

Conversation with Mom #1
(with Dad listening quietly on another line).
Friday Night...

Mom: I just phoned to tell you that the Pope died today.
Me: Yeah, I heard already.
Mom: You better not write anything bad about him on your Blog.
Me: Wha? Why would I do that? I mean it's never nice when someone dies, but I can't justify mourning the death of a man who lived an amazing life until the old age of 84 when my 12-year-old cousin is dying. That's all I'm saying...

Conversation with Mom #2
(with Dad listening quietly on another line).
Saturday Afternoon...

Mom: I have a couple things to talk to you about.
Me: Okay.
Mom: You're not leaving the house when you move back home. Another man was brutally beaten in Westside.
Me: Hmm...Well, all the recent fights have involved men, Mom, and I'm not the type to try to break up a fight...
Mom: I'm serious Bryanna. You're not going to the bar. I'm going to teach you how to knit and you can focus on getting trim (not that you're not trim already) and you can go to Starbucks with your girlfriends like a mature person.
Me: Sounds fun...

Anyone want a scarf?


Work Contract Countdown: 5 days left!