Bryanna and the City

Friday, April 08, 2005

Guess What!

Today is my LAST DAY OF WORK!!!

Leaving the office is actually "bitter sweet" as I've met a lot of wonderful people these past 7 months and I will honestly miss seeing them everyday...on the other hand..."no more files, no more data entry, no more snoopy co-worker-reading-this-over-my-shoulder looks".

However, this will mean that I won't be spending 8 hours everyday in front a computer to *ahem* work, and only occasionally write in my blog and read every blog on my blogroll (there's still 6 more hours left in my work day and how pathetic would it be to get 'dooced' now?)

So, what will I do now that I'm unemployed? I've thought about it and I came to the conclusion that doing nothing for the next three weeks suits me just fine...fabulously actually. Ha ha right...of course I have a plan...really, I do.

I'm actually looking forward to moving back home as I always get a huge rush of energy to actually exercise, which could be due to the fact that there's not much else to do, oh yeah, besides knit. So, getting a gym pass is at the top of my priorities...wow, I can't believe I just said that, I actually do have other "priorities"...really, I do, I just can't think of any right now. I heard somewhere that your body is somehow able to remember its form before you stopped exercising, making getting back in shape easier and faster. I sure hope this is true and that my ass remembers where it sat just a year ago...do you know what Mono can do to a healthy 21 year old body? Trust me.... nothing good, besides an initial weight loss of fifteen pounds. Anyways, the clock is ticking and I only have three months to get into "Greece worthy" shape. A daunting task, for sure, but I'm ready dammit!

You know, when I started this blog, I really just intended it to be a creative outlet...I didn't think that anyone other than my mom would actually want to read it, and I definitely did not foresee it as being an opportunity to meet some truly amazing people from all over the world, well actually, pretty much just the US, but I do hope some day to go global. I'm not trying to be sappy, but every one of you has changed my life in your own special way, so thanks for being you and accepting me for, well, me.

Which brings up a whole different subject entirely. Trust. I'm an extremely trusting person, some people (read: my mom) would say I'm too trusting, almost to the point of being very naive, but I honestly believe that most people are kind at heart, have generally good intentions and would never want to hurt me. My mom, on the other hand, is so different than me that she probably still doesn't trust my dad (only kidding, my parents have been happily married for um, 28 years I think). Last night she informed me that men in prison can read my blog and "will one day get out of prison, Bryanna". So, because I don't like stressing my mom out and because I am actually paranoid about "internet stalkers" as well, I've decided to remove information that would allow someone to easily track me down, climb into me bedroom window during the night and kidnap me. It truly saddens me to have to do this, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, yesterday I *actually cried when I accidentally stepped on a worm. I tried to trip myself to avoid him, but alas, the toe of my shoe squished part of his little body…maybe his head or his bum…is there actually a difference? I had to look away as he reeled in pain...I think I could hear at little squeal too. It was truly a horrible sight to behold and I should have released the little guy from his misery, but it was too heartbreaking for me to look at the damage I had done...I saw him this morning while I was walking to the bus...dead…and a little shriveled too. Rest in peace little guy. If it wasn’t me, it would have been a bird, what were you doing on the sidewalk anyways?


*I actually did let out a little "ack", much to the amusement of the man on the opposite side of the street.