Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Can I get an "Awkward!" from the crowd...

When I say "Awk", you say "Ward"... Awk (Ward!) Awk (Ward!)...

When I got this job in September it just "coincidentally" turned out that the firm the guy I was dating at the time worked for was associated with this company. We obviously didn't stay together, but he comes to Vancouver occasionally to make his professional "rounds".

Right.

Luckily, I knew he would be here today (he was one of the guys that I bumped into last Saturday) and about 10 minutes ago he left. I'm not going to lie and say that it was horrible to see him again, but it was definitely awkward to see him at work, you know, doing the whole "how are you?" bit with someone who only 7 months ago you really cared about. I'm not saying that I don't like my exes, I'm actually on speaking terms with "most" of them, I'm just saying that sometimes it would be easier if they disappeared for a couple of years until you felt completely over them. Perhaps they could be banished to the " X planet" or the moon or Cuba, whichever.

I'm just saying...