Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

How many resolutions can I break in one weekend?

[CHALLENGE: GUESS HOW MANY RESOLUTIONS I BROKE THIS PAST WEEKEND FROM MY LIST OF 10 AND I WILL GRANT YOU 3 WISHES!!]

Here is a quick re-cap of my New Year's weekend. . .

Friday: Purchase necessary provisions for New Year's Eve (Amaretto, Lime & Lemon Juice, Rum). Do some mix-drink testing when arrive home. Get somewhat tipsy and contemplate calling it a night at 8:00 p.m.
8:45 --- Drag my butt out of bed and treck to Lexi's house about 10 blocks away (with provisions in backpack). Pet cat that looks cute, which proceeds to scratch me. (Later Ben tells me a not-so-nice story about some crazy "cat fever" phenomenon ... so not a cool thing to tell a drunk girl with a cat scratch on her hand ... who also suffers from mild hypochondria). Drink and dance the night away with Lexi, Ben, Jerry, the Fabulous DD, Lexi's sister and some other people.

Saturday:
12:00 --- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hugs and kisses for everyone.
12:30 --- DD decides that it's time to catch a cab to see her EX.
12:45 --- DD and I in cab it to somewhere on 56th St ... still shocked that we actually managed to get a cab at that hour on New Year's Eve..err Day.
1:30 --- Arrive at Hungarian New Year's Eve Party. For my mother's sake I have left out what happened between the cab and when we actually found the Hungarian party.
2:30 --- Crashed on DD's EX's couch.
9:30 --- Woke up with a sore back and dry I-slept-with-my-contacts-in eyes.
1:00 --- Breakfast..err lunch at White Spot.
3:45 --- Watched The Aviator. It would have been better had I gotten a sufficient amount of sleep the night before. Oh, and it was 3 hours!! WTF??? I almost fell asleep 3 times!
9:00 --- Played "Scene It" and ate Chinese take out.
11:30 --- Passed out in my own sweet bed.

Sunday:
10:30 --- Woken up by Lexi's phone call.
12:00 --- Brunch at Lexi's with Jerry and DD.
1:30 --- Mr. P picks me up for a day of movie watching and take-out pizza.

Monday:
1:00 --- All you can eat sushi at Shabusen with Mr. P and a friend of his.
4:00 --- Tackle the clothing bomb formerly known as my bedroom.
5:00 --- Contemplate taking a long walk or perhaps feeding the ducks.
5:05 --- Talk myself out of doing this and instead eat the left over curry chicken and couscous.
8:00 --- Clean the bathroom.
8:30 --- Attempt to read my new book.
8:45 --- Lights out.


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!