Bryanna and the City

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The clouds are beginning to clear

Holy...the summer has flown by. I seem to say this every year, but seriously where did it go? I'm not ready for September yet, dammit! I hate taking breaks from blogging because I always feel like I need to explain my absence before I can resume my usual random stories. So, like always, I guess I've just been busy. Busy with work and everyday life. I've been working 10-11 hour days (waking up at the ungodly hour of 5:00 am) in order to finish some work projects that all have impossible-oh-my-god-you-must-have-this-done-like-right-now-if-not-sooner-okay? deadlines. Which means that I'm taking this Friday off to go to Nainamo for my second long weekend in a row...life isn't that bad I guess (here's where we'll be spending the weekend). Oh, yeah, I've also stopped eating gluten (i.e. pasta, breads, sauces, etc...) in an attempt to get a handle on my digestive issues. It seems to have helped, but whether this is due to the lack of gluten or the increased amount of fruit and veggies I've added to my diet to compensate for the huge gaping hole it has suffered is still to be determined. I don't think I've ever eaten so much fruit and veg at any other time in my life. So far today, I've had a nectarine, a grapefruit, and spaghetti squash with tomato and veggie sauce (as well as the egg-white omelet I had for breakfast). Before I leave work I will also have eaten a kiwi, a spinach salad with cucumber, tomato and watermelon and 2 crisp local cucumbers. Oh yeah, my grocery bills have almost doubled, but I've been forced to completely change the way I think about food, which, so far, is a good thing.

Hmm...other news...other news...

One of my best friends is pregnant! I was her Maid of Honor last August and I'm so excited for her and her husband. They are going to be great parents and the baby's DNA is primed for ultimate cuteness. I can't wait! I have so many babies to play with now.

I am nursing my first sunburn of the season. It's lopsided. I failed to realise that watching the Pride Parade with the sun beating down on my left side would leave me in a lobster like condition. On ONE side. I think the only thing worse about getting a sunburn is getting an uneven sunburn. Meh.

Sean and I are trying to figure out where we should go in November for a 2-4 week trip. So far, we have narrowed it down to three different regions Central America, South America, or South East Asia. Obviously, we could only do one of these in that time frame. Any suggestions?

I think that is all.

P.S. Good-luck CC xoxo!