Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Do Crazy Well

If you were driving around Kitsilano this morning (approx. 7:15AM) you may have seen me. I was the crazy lady running around in the pouring rain wearing only flannel Mickey Mouse PJ bottoms and a green wind breaker (sans bra...did I mention it was RAINING? A lot. If you're thinking this is hot. Stop it. Right now. It totally wasn't. Trust me.) So why was I doing this? Because I was retracing my steps after my sister and I went for our morning run because I couldn't find her iPod Nano that was supposed to be in my vest pocket when we returned.

Now, this wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that I have no money to spare right now. Like, I'm talking NONE. Christmas shopping is going to be very easy this year, but not very fun.

So the whole time I'm running around my neighborhood looking like a creepy green chicken with its head cut off I was thinking to myself that if I didn't find it I would have to buy her a new one. I was even planning out what I would say to my parents to get them to help pay for it.

And...

I touched wet garbage.

I had placed the Nano in a small plastic Ziploc bag to ensure that it didn't get wet. I hadn't realized how dirty Vancouver actually was until I had to inspect every bit of discarded plastic 3 blocks west of my apartment.

So, after 10 minutes of this, I decided that either someone had picked it up already (Merry Christmas to them!) or it was actually somewhere at my place.

It was. At my place that is. Sitting all smugly on my bedside table. Dry in its little Ziploc bag.

Labels: , ,