Bryanna and the City

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Help me!

Help! I’m serious…I NEED help. I need someone to talk some sense into me because I fear I may soon make a horrendous mistake, an absolutely ghastly error in judgment.

For the past couple of days I’ve been considering doing something drastic, something so wrong that for some reason it’s been twisted around in my head to be something completely rational and right. I’m talking about the “b-word”…that five-letter word that should never be uttered by a woman with naturally curly hair in a salon chair…BANGS!

Ack!

Yes, I’m seriously considering getting bangs…for the past couple of days I’ve been looking through magazines and inspecting women on the street to see if this would be a wise decision. Past experience suggests…actually “PROVES” it to definitely NOT be a wise decision, but I want to do something different, something completely out of character…and I’m not really talking about bangs, but a nice swoop…I keep telling myself that my bad (or terribly geeky) bangs in grade 7 were not the bangs’ fault, but mine because I had no idea how to style them properly…and now I have the “tools” (read: $250 ceramic flat iron) to style them perfectly.

Oh dear, even as I write this I know it’s a horrible idea, I know that if I were to get a “swoop” I would have to straighten my hair consistently, I would have to say good-bye to my curly locks unless by some grace of God it actually looked decent curly as well. Oh, and I also want highlights…what’s wrong with me?! I’ve spent over a year getting my hair back to its natural color and now I want to fool around with it again?!

What’s wrong with me?!