Bryanna and the City

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Pinch me.

Attention! Attention! The sound you are hearing....

Does this happen in your office? The fire alarm goes off and people don't even flinch, let alone make any movement towards the nearest fire exit? When I first started working here, I thought this was amusing and disturbing at the same time, and now, after 7 months and 5 false alarms I'm sad to report that I have turned into a non-flincher like my other co-workers.

The fire department is now on site; stand by for further instructions....

I just hope that I don't have to walk down the 19 flights of stairs in my four-inch heels. On my first day of work here I was advised to bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes in case of an emergency, which is probably a good idea considering the extremely high likelihood of a HUGE earthquake in Vancouver...but, I guess I still prefer to live on the wild side of life.

Your Attention! Your Attention! The fire department has given the okay to resume building operations as usual. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.


Phew!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

If you're not wearing any green today give yourself a little pinch from me!